Friday, April 9, 2010

8 Days - False labor or...


Well we thought we were getting some baby action yesterday big time. All the morning crampiness continued throughout the day. Not too long before my parents got here I noticed the contractions were getting painful. I was feeling them in my back for the first time ever and they were seriously crampy.

By the time they got here they were getting pretty regular so Mom started timing them. After not too long they were 3 minutes apart and at least a minute in length. This went on for four or five hours. They were getting really painful. I ate some food which Dad made sure to ask if I thought it would look good when I puked it up later. (I always barf in labor) I slapped on the heating pad to ease my back pain and still felt it pretty strong.

I was feeling a little restless so I hopped in the tub and contractions slowed way way down. At this point I'd already had my poor hubbie leave his trip and come home early. I really thought we were heading to the hospital that night. After I got out of the tub they picked back up, but I was still able to fall asleep.

Poor hubbie got home at 1am and asked if I was still having contractions. I groggily told him I wasn't sure...I HAD been sleeping! By the time I felt another one he was already snoring away in my ear...lol. So off to the couch I went and sleep through the night I did (yoda?) Now it's morning and I'm still crampy. Still finding interesting stuff when I go wee...but it's pink now, which is supposed to be a sign of progress.

Was this the baby slowly sneaking up? Will we still get baby action soon? Who knows? Maybe she knew we needed a nights rest and will come today. Maybe she'll still take a week. I wish someone could predict this.

I do think that if the contractions get like they were yesterday I may just head into Labor & Delivery and act like a ditzy pregnant chick and swear I'm in labor. Maybe they'll keep me anyway and give me some pitocin or something since I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow.

Or maybe she just wanted to make sure her little sister didn't miss school today and that her Daddy made it home and got some rest and she'll come today. I'll keep you guys posted either way. Sorry for the false alarm, but I swear it felt like we were moving in the right direction.

Just to be safe I'll stay away from chocolate today. That never looks good barfed up.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like baby's a "she" alright - can't make up her mind! lol

    And I'd vote for eating jambalaya. Looks the same coming up as it did going down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay away from rice, it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and I do NOT Suggest Taco Bell.

    ReplyDelete