Monday, March 1, 2010

7 weeks to go - Let's Scrapbook!

33 weeks along this week, and as of this post, only 47 days left. That's not a lot of days. I had my 32 week checkup last Wednesday. I didn't get my normal doctor, but the one I got was a pretty amusing guy. He complimented me on only gaining 2 pounds in four weeks! I didn't even look at the scale and hadn't planned to, but that was welcome news. He then made me feel even better with a story about his own daughter that had gained 70 pounds while she was pregnant. UGH! I'm still in the 20's for weight gain and am very proud of myself.

New doc had some sticky note on my chart to do a procedure to turn the baby around because she had been hanging out breech for quite some time. Luckily new doc didn't know how to do the procedure so it didn't get done. I would have refused it this early anyhow. That's a lot of pain for a baby that will probably flip and flop around for a while yet. Doc poked around and feels that the baby has probably flipped the right way, we'll see if I get a call to go back in before my next appt at 36 weeks. If not, we'll just keep our fingers crossed and hope she points towards the exit eventually.

We got our first baby present in the mail this week! Bill's Mom sent us the stroller/carseat combo that I had picked out. It matches the high chair and PackNPlay I already picked up. It's not like everything HAS to match, I just really liked the design on the stuff. I tried to resist putting it together right away, but Bill said go for it, so go for it I did. Seems like it's the right size, weight, and should be easy to use. Thanks!!!

I got a ton of school work done this week, and am two weeks ahead in some classes, but really need to get going if I am going to finish all my online classes by the end of March. (they run through May 6th) otherwise it'll be my luck, the baby will com early and I'll be kicking my own butt for not getting it all done. We'll see if I can get motivated this week. It's been pretty tough. My mind is occupied with the impending doom...I mean the happy arrval of the new baby NEXT MONTH!

And with the impending doomish arrival of the new baby comes a baby shower! I wasn't going to have one, I mean...it's my third baby. But its a first for Bill & I and the kids are all older, so I thought it would be fun to have a big family get together in the hopes of getting the kids a little more excited and involved in the process. I really have been trying to think of all the kids and how this should hopefully help unite us all as a family. I think a party and games will help build up the excitement factor.

And my sister is coming!! She's driving down from NC just for me! I couldn't be more excited. That's a hella long drive and she'll be stuck in the house with our herd of kids so it will be an interesting weekend, but at least I have something to look forward to for a change.

Hannah is getting jealous that Aunt Jen is coming down for the new baby, and not for her. I've tried explaining that Aunt Jen won't get to SEE the baby yet, and will be hanging out with her too. I guess I have to remember that it has been the Hannah and Mommy show for the very large majority of her life, and that she has essentially been an only child. When it's not holiday time or vacation time it's just me and Hannah and now there will be a new baby around to take away some of her attention.

I think it will be great for her though. She was excited to help me sort out the bags of baby clothes I got from our neighbor (that was awesome) and we went out yesterday to pick out some scrapbooking stuff to get an album pre-made for the baby. She really got into helping me pick out pages and matching pages to make picture frames, and stickers, etc. I figure if I have a book ready I'll be more likely to put some pics in it. On a sidenote I found them premade online for $75...wtf?? Insanity! I think we got a scrapbook, pages, stickers, for about $25 and it's going to be super cute.

So in an effort to make Hannah feel better I did the only thing I know to do for a ten year old girl, I took her shopping :) She's getting so tall and growing out of all her stuff, so we got a couple new things and she was pretty excited about that. She's really into all this peace crap, but since 80% of the clothes at Kohl's and everywhere else have peace signs on them, I guess this is just the current fad.

Um...other than that there's not much happening. We went out Friday night on base to some ceremony and my hair and makeup magically fell into place and I got some compliments from my hubby for a change. I looked great from the neck up...lol. Still look huge and preganant, and had some more crazy painful contractions towards the end of the night so I was miserable, but I was a sexy miserable pregnant chick. Ya can't have it all.

Tune in next week for pictures from the baby shower!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh this was a great post, well because you talked about me!! I am sooo super excited about coming down TOMORROW, even though I am cheating and flying down, still feel bad for me, I have to get out of bed at 3:30AM to drive 1.5 hours to Charlotte to catch my flight, almost as bad as waking up at 3:30AM and driving. If Hannah needs some "jen" time let me know and she and I can kidnap the red covertible and go run errands or just do some girl talk, can't wait to see you in all your pregnant glory!!

    ReplyDelete