Monday, March 8, 2010

6 Weeks - Baby Showers & Monster Trucks


There are things that one should not do when they are 34 weeks pregnant. Common sense things come to mind such as horseback riding, riding roller coasters, bungee jumping. People may not realize that riding in a monster truck on a long weekend is one of those things. Probably because they don't put this in pregnancy books. Probably because they figure pregnant women should have some common sense. Clearly I do not. Because of some temporary vehicle drama we borrowed the neighbors huge truck. Somewhere between the bumpy 7 hour ride (each way mind you) and having to haul myself in and out and in and out (not easy when you're huge) I decided that this will be my last road trip to Gainesville for the rest of this pregnancy. It was miserable to say the least, and I am really feeling it today. Sore sore sore belly.

But it was a great trip! I'm glad that Bill drove so I could at least sit and wiggle and complain and not have to drive at the same time. The kids all had a blast. I was so insanely thrilled that my sister was able to come. I was even MORE thrilled when I got all the stuff she made for me...I mean...the baby. I would post pictures, but when I asked for pictures from the baby shower that did NOT make me look fat, the only one my family could find was one of my foot. Kidding. I'll post some pics on facebook when I get them. I can't believe how cool the diaper bag Jen made me is, and the letters for the baby's name to hang on the wall (definitely posting pics of those when I get them up) and the most adorable snuggly blanket with the baby's name on it, I hope it becomes her blanky :)

We had a good group of family show up. I got a TON of stuff and even got a sweet present in the mail from Gina! It had so much glitter on everything that I sparkled for the rest of the day. Aunt Karen brought me an enormous box of really cute baby cothes that I am just itching to go through. I promised Hannah that we would sort them out together though so we'll do that later today. I swear, we will probably never have to do laundry for this baby. I've never seen so many baby clothes in my entire life.

My Mom and sister did an amazing job on the party and I think everyone had a great time. I even got a visit from some gamer friends from Orlando, Fl who drove 2 hours for my silly little party and that made me very happy.

We got all the major stuff we need. There are still a couple odds and ends things to pick up like diapers, wipes, formula...ya know the un-fun stuff to buy. Lots of things now to wash and sanitize, but plenty of time I hope. I'm ok having to wait until 40 weeks to have the baby, but I really think with the way I've been feeling that it will most likely be in the next 4 weeks that the baby comes. Or maybe that's still just hopeful thinking on my part.

Her name is going to be Hailey by the way :) We announced it at the Baby Shower.

I went and got my hair done before the shower at the hair school in Gainesville, Fl and that took almost four hours. GoodNESS. They got the color balanced out, the grays covered up, and it's trimmed (unevenly as always...lol) so I shouldn't have to bother with it until well after the baby...Hailey...arrives.

Now I get to spend the rest of this week knocking out more school work, and putting together baby stuffs. Fun fun fun. Right now though, I think I'm going to see if I can play Xbox while laying on my side in bed. My belly seriously hurts. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the belly hurt settles down, and great name btw!

    ReplyDelete