Tuesday, March 16, 2010

5 Weeks to go - Getting on my NERVES


First of all I will tell you that is NOT my pregnant belly in the picture. I just thought it was cute. No I will not be painting my belly. What do you do with it when you're done? Walk around like that all day? How would I cover up my fat rolls? No thank you!

I'm 35 weeks now, which means it's getting really close to time to be done. However, the topic of this week's blog "getting on my nerves" doesn't refer to my being over being pregnant. I'm still feeling for the most part pretty great. I have my sleepy nights where I want to go to bed at like 9pm which annoys my husband who wants to play Band Hero. I've been lounging in the tub almost every night with a book because it feels great on a sore back and who knows when I'll get the luxury of doing that every night after the baby comes? And now that my online classes are almost totally finished I've taken to hopping back in bed after I get my daughter to school and getting another hour or so of sleep. Because really...what else am I going to do with my days? Clean? Hah!

I haven't had crazy heartburn like I usually get in the last trimester, or that evil gas that my sister remembered when she bought my husband that lovely scented candle for Christmas. My ankles haven't puffed up into unrecognizable cankles, and I don't have that lovely moustache (darkening of the skin) I had when I was pregnant with Ethan. All of these things make me happy. The contractions have eased off this week and as long as I stay at home and do mostly nothing they don't bug me at all.

I did make what I consider to be a final trip to Target this past week. I used up the gift cards we got at the baby shower and got all the last things I can think of like extra sheets, changing pad for the dresser, baby tylenol, a few more bottles, blah blah blah...spent almost $300...hee hee. But aside from diapers, wipes, and formula we really don't need anything else. The formula companies really know when you're pregnant though. This week we got $16 in coupons from Gerber Good Start and today I just got two cans of Similac, regular and soy, full cans in the mail. What to pick, what to pick?? I wish they'd include some useful information with their copuons/samples like what formula will smell the best when barfed up onto your shoulder or will make the least smelly poo's. These are the things that would inspire me to select a brand.

So the real reason behind my nerve vent, which is really annoying me as I type this week's blog is I've been having nerve pain. For over a month my first finger on my right hand has been numb all down one side. Strange feeling, but not really a nuisance. Also about a month ago I started having a nerve bug me in my left leg all the way down to my big toe, not sure if it's the same nerve, but it's still annoying. I can't bend my left toe very far or it's like lightning shooting through it. Also when I try to climb into bed at night and put pressure on my left knee that nerve goes off and it makes my already uncoordinated efforts to haul my huge pregnant body into bed that much more challenging.

So if that wasn't enough my pinky finger on my left hand started tingling a couple weeks ago. Now it's getting really bad. It doesn't help that I've been playing Band Hero with my husband for the last week almost every day. I don't think all that pinky flexing to get the orange and blue notes is helping. That happens to be another part of my body I need to use not only to help support me as I get into bed, or haul myself out of the tub, or prop myself up to do other things...but to type. The tip of my pinky finger is numb today and I keep missing keys. This DOES go away when this kid pops out right?? I sure hope so.

I started drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea this week because I red lots of positive articles online about how it's great for your uterus and childbirth and recovery after so I figured, why not? I care about the health of my uterus and so should you! It's great for acne and regulating your periods too if you're not preggo. Also it's yummy and tastes like normal tea which I have been avoiding due to caffiene content. This stuff has no caffiene though and aside from the extra calories from me adding a bit of honey to it, I think it's overall not a bad addition to my daily regiment of whatever I feel like eating.

I had a really crazy dream last night which I almost hope comes true! I woke up (in my dream) and had my baby. I walked out and there she was with my parents and my grandmother (mom's mom). I couldn't remember going into labor, or having the baby, and felt no pain. I just had her and she was there. Somehow I also missed out on all the post baby bleeding and boob engorgement and I just had the baby. Tadah! I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight, only a bit thinner. My parents and grandmother kept fighting over who got to feed the baby and change her diaper and kept saying "no no, we've got this...you go rest" I'll take this dream please?!?!? I think it's the best dream I've ever had.

I'm sure something interesting has happened to me in the last week but I can't think of it. Mostly since my schoolwork is almost done I've been spending more time playing video games, finally! It's like I have everything done and just want to relax and enjoy the time I have to game because I know that once the baby comes, then comes summer and all the kids and gaming time will be at a minimum. Aside from Band Hero though all I've been doing is farming on Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility on the Wii. I know it's sad, but it makes me happy and for the last month before I squirt this kid out...I'm focusing on me and my happiness.

Next week? Doc's appointment on Wednesday. I'll either blog twice or just wait until then. I'll let you be suprised...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment