Monday, February 22, 2010

Countdown Kicks on - 8 Weeks


Baby...why for must you kick me in my bladder? What did my ribs ever do to you? With 8 weeks left, that puts me at 32 weeks pregnant. Apparently this is the time when baby's movements "Peak" which is a nice way of saying you're going to get your butt kicked from the inside a lot. This baby hasn't been any delicate little kicker so far, but she has definitely kicked it into high gear and it's really not as pleasant as some people make it seem. "oooh it's so nice feeling my baby move in my belly" no way, that crap feels weird, and uncomfortable, and downright painful! And when the baby kicks you in the bladder for the hundredth time, you had darn sure better know where the bathroom is and the fastest way to waddle to it. Online quote for the week?

There is something surreal about watching a tiny foot move across your belly (and something uncomfortable about getting jabbed by a tiny elbow in the dead of night). Now that your baby is nice and big and mobile, you'll be getting kicked and prodded in all sorts of unexpected places. Oooof! Did you feel that one in the ribs?


The good news is that as fast as the baby grows at this phase the crazy kicking shouldn't last long. Soon she'll run out of room and will just squirm about squishing my bladder, lungs, stomach (heartburn!) and everything else.

Life is definitely getting uncomfortable, but it's still bearable because I am a tough ass beeotch. Sleeping sucks balls though. I'm sure you're tired of hearing about that so I'll just leave it at that.

The baby knows her big sisters name already. I've been trying to get Hannah to sit still long enough to feel the baby wiggling about. Every time I call Hannah to come over it's like the baby knows whats up and she stops moving. Poor Hannah thinks the baby hates her already.

The last week was pretty uneventful. I did go to my parents over the weekend with the whole herd (aka our family) and celebrated Mom's birthday, and Grandpa's 80th birthday. Goodness he's old...lol. I can't even imagine 80, and don't want to right now. I hope I still am able to have a ton of fun before I get to that age. Baby coming kind of limits my fun for a while, but I get to enjoy the fun of all the new things that babies do. Because those milestones are more exciting than anything else in the whole world right? Haha hah hah. Sure...

I'll keep this one short(ish) because I have a doctor's appointment on wednesday so maybe you'll get another update. If I feel like it. Boring pregnant chick out.

No comments:

Post a Comment