Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year...healthy crap eating time!


I'd love to be able to update and say that the insufferable insomnia that I was dealing with weeks ago has subsided. I can't say it though, and it's really starting to wear me out. I've tried staying up a little later, taking warm baths before bed, drinking warm milk...nada! I cannot fall asleep and by the time I do I have to wake up to pee at 3am and then I can't fall back asleep again. Tomorrow Hannah starts back to school so I'll be up at 6am every day which reduces the amount of sleep I can get...no sleeping in for me. I'm sure I'll survive, but oh man am I tired.

We survived the holidays pretty well. I think everyone had a good time. Jen & Lance stopped over for a night and dealt pretty well with the insanity that is our house with four kids in it. The parents were smart and hid out in their condo as much as possible, but we did get a lot of quality time with everyone. A week with the kids about made me lose my mind, but I didn't have much left to lose. Pregnancy and insomnia really reduces the amount of constant noise you can handle and last week was definitely a test for my sanity. But I lived.

It seems like we've been eating nothing but junk since Thanksgiving. The Thanksgiving leftovers gave way to Christmas cookies and junk and with the kids around we tend to cook less and go for the easy unhealthy stuff. My body is telling me it's sick of it all and I'm listening. I've still done great with my pregnancy weight gain. No, I'm not a weight obsessed person. If you know me you know that I am not a picture of a healthy person, I like my junk food. But I am seriously burnt out on it. I also think that for being 25 weeks pregnant, gaining almost 10 pounds so far is great. I'd like to stay on that same track.

The last few months is when the fat packs on. The little worm is only about a pound and a half right now and since the baby has to get bigger I'm assuming that means that my weight will have to go up since I'm carrying the little bugger around. I surfed around online and printed out some daily guidelines for what I should be eating. I didn't see anything that said 3 servings of pizza, 2 servings of sodium loaded lunchmeat, and 2-3 servings per day of peanut butter balls.

So Hannah and I treked out to the grocery store today and bought about 95% health food. Hannah wants to know why when I eat healthy SHE has to eat healthy and I just explained to her that she'll live. I stocked up on fruits, veggies, whole grain crap, granola, yogurt, basically everything I like to eat on the list of reccomended foods. I did seriously realize I have NOT been eating any of the right foods. Hopefully this will help me in the last few months to gain some healthy weight and get me in some good habits for after the baby comes. I'm too pretty to be fat :)

I've got a doctor's visit this week. My doc was on vacation for the hoiday so my 24 week checkup is actually a 25 week checkup and it will be my first visit since the radiologist. I'll see if my scale and his scale are meshing again and probably update everyone with the details later this week.

Hannah got a new scooter for Christmas so in addition to our healthier eating, which I really am excited about seriously, we'll try and do some walking every day now that the stabbing round ligament pains seem to be over with. That kept me from walking before because I was really afraid I'd get a few blocks away from home and just not be able to make it back, it was that bad most days.

Oh and classes start back this week for me, but I've just got my online ones starting on Thursday. I'm taking three online and just one I have to go to the college for so I think this should be an easy week and a great one to get a nice workout/healthy diet going.

I'm bored with typing now...and bet you're bored with reading. Peace out homies!

No comments:

Post a Comment