Friday, October 23, 2009

Flutters or Gas?


Nothing majorly exciting has happened since I last blogged. Last weekend we took the girl children to Sea World. We still haven't told Bill's girls that I'm knocked up. Luckily the smaller of the girl children was too small to ride the rides, and too scared to ride the ones she could so I had an excuse to sit out. Being a roller coaster LOVER it was really tough for me to not hop on the new Mantra. But if you've ever seen the ride, they dangle you face down, and between my gigantuous pregnant boobs and my starting to flop out belly it wouldn't have been comfortable even if it were safe. Which it were not. (I did bad grammar on purpose)

Hannah and I stopped at Target today so I could get a notebook to do some dumb class project. We hit the Starbucks counter on the way out. I have NOT had Starbucks since I fould out I was pregnant and I think that's pretty good for me. So I gave in and got my favorite venti caramel macchiato with extra caramel. You can flog me for it later. I drank them many times a week when I was pregnant with Hannah and she turned out just...well...you know how she is. LOL. Anyhow...yesterday I thought I had felt a little flutter, like the baby kind of flutter. They say most moms will start feeling them between 16-18 weeks. I'll be 15 weeks on Sunday. And they say that moms who have been moms before will feel them sooner. But it took me by suprise and didn't happen again.

Well...I think the coffee got the little sea otter kicking. I felt it again today, and have a few times more. It could be gas, but technically being pregnant, all your gassy making parts get shoved to the back of your body. This fluttering definitely is happening in the front right between my belly button and pelvis. Which is wear jr. sea otter should be camped out. So I will choose to believe this is caffiene induced baby fluttering. Fun!

Other fun things have been happening. Lately I've been backed up like the customer service line at Wal-Mart the day after Christmas. That makes me happy. Eventually something comes out though and coffee seems to help so I'm not really worried about it. Told ya this would be TMI!

In addition to that I seem to have lost my stomach. I know I wasn't in the best of shape coming into this whole thing. It's inevitable that I'll grow into a whale, much like the ones we visited at Sea World last weekend, before this whole thing is over. I'm not going to TRY to get fat, but I'm just being realistic here. So it's no suprise to me that I can't fit into anything anymore. I can't suck my fat in. Therefore I have to assume that since I have not yet gained a single pound that the fat is being pushed out by the baby. Isn't that nice of the little sea otter to share my fat with the rest of the world? Thanks!

Bill keeps telling me I'm not "that pregnant" yet, but hey...I'm on my third here. Those belly muscles give up and jump ship after the second...or so I've heard. So I don't think it's that ridiculous that at almost 15 weeks I'm starting to flop out a little. I kind of like it, and heck...I'm not going to get any smaller anytime soon so what does it hurt?

Things are going well though, I'm definitely much less tired, my appetite is starting to switch from almost non-exsistent to starving all the time (lord help me), and I'm not sick anymore, and I only have to get up ONCE in the middle of the night to pee. It's funny...I think Bill is having sympathy pees because he has to get up too..hahaha!

I have a doctors appointment next Friday, so I'll eventually update you all on how that goes. I should get to schedule my gender determining ultrasound then too! Yipee!!

1 comment:

  1. I like that you are calling the baby an otter, a much more pleasant visual than other things you could have compared it to, trust me, I know you. . .. . hee!

    ReplyDelete