Monday, September 24, 2012

Florida Fall Begins! Kind of...




Floridians are funny creatures when it comes to the changing "seasons" and I use quotation marks with that because let's face it...we don't really have seasons here. It's either hot, insanely hot, or cool enough to warrant wearing pants and long sleeved shirts with our flip-flops. Still, when the temperatures dip below 70 degrees for the first time after summer we all go digging in our closets for our winter clothes.

I'm going to take a moment to brag on my awesome Mom skills. I just went to the closet and pulled out some bags of clothes I bought from Old Navy for the kids when they were clearancing out last years winter items. I got a bunch of shirts and pants for $1-$2 each in the next size up. They are now all hung up in the kids closets and I'm so glad I did that. Hopefully Hannah actually likes hers, but if not...too bad! I'm glad I didn't buy many tops for myself though, because I'm excited to announce that NONE OF THEM FIT! Luckily they're comfy tops, so they will make great sleep shirts. Totally great feeling though, pulling out those shirts and realizing I'm not an XL anymore.

Mild morning chill aside, I'm still not quite ready to give up on the kiddie pools and summer stuff. I figure we have at least a few more good pool weekends left, and maybe now that it's not a million degrees outside, a beach weekend finally. I'm definitely happy to see the cooler weather creeping in, and there's something about it that is motivational for me. Maybe Hailey and I can start taking walks again!

Anyhow, just as I predicted I totally cheated all weekend on my plans to eat properly. So now I only have myself to blame if I never get my hands on a copy of Mists of Pandaria, but let's be honest here...it's not like I actually have time to play it anyway. Not really much of a loss right now, but I do intend to go to the gym today if they will let me put Hailey in the gym day care. She is sounding a bit stuffed up and sniffly, but her nose isn't quite running yet. I think if I get out of the house this morning and get in there I should be ok. Although now that I stop and think of it, I feel like I might be starting to get sniffly too. I am so not in the mood for a change of weather sinus cold right now.

Ok, I got my daily blog in there. Now it's time to get to work, knock out my school stuff and get to finding awesome podcast topics for tonight's recording of The Mommy Gamers!

No comments:

Post a Comment