Monday, January 23, 2012

Push it Real Good!


I'm still going strong with the weekly Dance Central Challenges. The week 3 challenge has been posted and you can find all the details at The Married Gamers in Kelly's most recent blog. I will admit that I have yet to attempt the challenge. It seems pretty hard, if anyone else is out there reading this and wants to try it with me, I could really use some more cheerleaders or people doing it to motivate me. Kelly and I plan to attempt it tomorrow, but we'll see.

I did do amazing things today. I had everything ready to go get my gym membership this morning. Coffee pot was full when I woke up, clothes were laid out, Hailey's diaper bag was packed. The only thing I forgot to do was poop check my gym shoes. I had barely gotten out of the neighborhood when I smelled something not quite right. At first I tried to pass it off as manure, they are redoing all the flower beds in our neighborhood and I figured that was where the smell was coming from. After a while I realized the poo was coming from my shoe. There was NO WAY I was turning around and going back home.

So, I tossed the poo shoes into the back of the van, and stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods on the way to the gym. There's me with a baby on my hip, strolling into the store in socks. I got some new shoes that are WAY more comfortable than the old ones I've had for years and was on my way to the gym. Things were going well, Hailey strolled into the Kid Zone without a care in the world. I took my tour, and was getting ready to complete my paperwork when the crazy people in the Kid Zone at Lifestyle Family Fitness center decided it was time to vacuum. To make a long story short, Hailey didn't like that very much. I finished my paperwork while standing up and bouncing Hailey to calm her and didn't get my workout in.

No way was I quitting there. I waited for Hannah to get home from school, she was late...lollygagging around with her friends (which she is now on restriction for the rest of the week for) and we immediately hopped in the van and headed back out to the gym...again...for the second time in one day. Hailey was hesitant and apparently fussed the whole time, but her sister was there with her and she was fine. I got in a great workout and felt so amazing and proud of myself. We got sushi on the way home and I still had calories left for the day on MyFitnessPal. WOOHOO!

I was still on a rush from my workout after dinner so I fired up Dance Central 2 on the Kinect and did "Can't Get You Out of My Head" thirteen times and issued the challenge to Kelly Brown. Hannah stuck with me for three times on the song and then quit and told me I was crazy. Hey...I don't waste motivation, it comes so rarely for me.

I'm loving these Dance Central challenges and hope they keep them going past this month. If not, we will have to start getting creative with new challenges and maybe even incorporate some other games into the mix.

I was supposed to write today for The Married Gamers, but I used all my motivation working out so tomorrow I must, I must, I must. But right now I'm enjoying the glass of wine I earned today (and I'm still under my 1200 calories for the day)

I did play the Resident Evil: Revelations demo on Nintendo 3DS today, well partially...it freaked me out and I quit for fear of having bad dreams...lol. But I will get that done and write a little something about it this week...I promise...no really, I mean it this time...lol.

5 comments:

  1. Hey we are going to have to come up with some great challenges. We will have to find other games to do this with as well. This is just too much fun. - Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you sissy poo, sorry that Hailey freaked over the vacuum, guess she isn't used to that sound? HA ha. . .guess maybe you should use the vacuum around the house just a little more. I joke. <3 you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours isn't as loud, but I really don't use it as often as I should lol.

      Delete
  3. LOVE IT!!!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you know you've made it when you get a spammer!

      Delete