Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Coffee - What's your flavor?


One thing I know gamer's and writers can't live without is their caffeine. Some go for coffee and others chug those crazy energy drinks that I still believe will kill everyone one day. I'm sure there are the odd few out there that go without caffeine entirely. Heck, there are even strange people out there that don't eat meat! I can safely say that after not feeling well the last few days, and having gone without coffee, I am a caffeine-a-holic.

However, after all these years of chugging the stuff I have yet to find that perfect flavor. I'm trying to cut back on calories, so cutting out the delicious, sugary, wonderful flavored creamers was an obvious thing to cancel out completely. The sugar-free creamers taste like...well...sugar-free creamers. So I'm trying different flavored coffee's in the hopes that I can find something OTHER than French Vanilla that I like.

I found a few bags of Dunkin' Donuts Mocha Mint on the clearance rack at Target yesterday. $4.74 (plus 5% off for Target Red Card holders!) seemed like a great price for Dunkin' coffee, and the flavor sounded yummy so I gave it a spin this morning. It smelled wonderful in the bag, it tasted...eh...after brewing. I even added a little cream and sugar (yes I know that's counter productive) and it still didn't do it for me. It was low on flavor and had too much of a bite to it for my liking. Usually I LOVE their coffee, and adore their French Vanilla flavor, so I was surprised this one was so disappointing.

So, my question of the day to my gamers, writers, non-gamers, coffee lovers, vegetarians, and whomever else is reading this...what's your favorite flavor? And what's the worst flavor you've ever come across?

4 comments:

  1. at work we use syrups dunno how much sugar is in em but the creme brulee 1 is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. found this website if ur interested in syrups dunno if it will help cause as i said they tend 2 have alot of sugar in them but might find something else on there :) http://americas.monin.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont drink much flavored coffee, but i do enjoy chocolate raspberry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, sometimes they eat meat. But only when the animals died happy.

    ReplyDelete