Sunday, June 26, 2011

MMO's aren't supposed to be lonely


I've been playing Rift for quite a few months now and I really like the game. For those that don't know what it is, it's a PC game...google it if you want details. I was previously playing WOW which was my very first experience with an online MMO and I really liked it. I was in a good guild with chatty people who were always around to lend a hand.

I'm not having the same experience in Rift. I was lucky when I started WOW to have a good friend from the forums at SarcasticGamer.com to guide me through things and to lead me into the guild with the really cool people. I don't have the same thing in Rift.

So my question is, how does one make friends in an MMO? I'm really not good at it at all.

Last night, had my credit card been within reach I probably would have purchased another month of WOW and started playing again. I really do like the game, I just never have time to play so I let that subscription go in order to play Rift...which I got for free :) But I've only got a couple more "free" months to go on Rift and although I like the game, I am not liking the lonely part of it. I don't want to wander around alone, fighting monsters, riding my demon...er ember...steed around with my feather in my hat and my little doggy companion by my side...alone.

Well at least I have my pets right?

2 comments:

  1. play some of those free MMO's there are tons of people on em. not all of em speak english and most of em are kids but a least you wont be lonely. Or you can allways skype with friends that aren't playing ur game. :( :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too gave up my WoW subscription in order to play Rift. I got lonely and bored 6 weeks into it and quit. I miss WoW. But now that I've been without for a few months getting my credit card out again isn't as appealing. If WoW sent me a free week to bring me back I'd be all over it!

    ReplyDelete