Saturday, April 3, 2010

2 Weeks - Pineapple pains??


38 weeks today, 2 weeks left to go, 14 days...wow. I read somewhere that eating pineapple will help you to dilate better and could help get labor going. So yesterday I ate an entire pineapple. I forgot how yummy they are! Then I talked to the other chicks in the knocked up women forum I've been hanging out at and they said you have to eat like 6-7 fresh pineapples in a day for it to work. No way! So while I did not go into labor, they did make me extra gassy! Fun!

I was up most of the night having annoying fakey contractions that had started at like 6pm and were really annoying. I'm still having them this morning too, but no progress, just annoying. Maybe it was the one pineapple? Or maybe it was the fact that I did a crazy amount of cleaning yesterday. Not that anyone seemed to notice or care mind you. They say the last couple weeks before you have the baby you start nesting. I think you just finally get sick of looking at all the stuff that really just isn't going to get done and you give in and do it yourself.

Is it nesting? Or just plain survival instincts? I've also read that getting moving and doing a ton of housework can help kick start labor. Or is that just another one of those things guys made up to get us to clean? Kind of like the whole sex makes you go into labor thing. That was just some desperate guys attempt at getting some action before it gets shut off for weeks and there's really no scientific evidence to prove it is there?

So since I'm bored and like torturing you I'll go through the list of things I did and you can tell me if this is nesting or not...
Got a load of mine & hubbies laundry going, wiped down all the kitchen counters, cleaned the thingies that go under the stove burners and then cleaned them with a brillo pad, cleaned the top of the oven, the front of the oven where there was who knows what dripped down the front, cleaned the dining room table scrubbing off all the paint from the kids craft project the day before (thanks Grandma Sally!), moved two of the billion mismatched chairs that are around the table into the garage so that people can actually have some elbow room around the table, moved the dining room table so that the kids can actually get into sit at it, since everyone has to sit on one side so they can watch tv while they eat meals, swept the kitchen and dining room floor which was fun because that requires moving 8 chairs to do properly, scrub the kitchen floor...this is a fun task in itself because we seem to have no mop, so on my hands and knees I go scrub scrub scrubbing, got tired before I got to the dining room floor and did a pathetic spot check in there, took out the trash in the kids bathroom, our bathroom, and then took the main trash out, cleaned the top of the trash can, clean the wall of the island next to the trash can that is covered in yuck, empty dishwasher, clean sink, cleaned the kids bathroom which required cleaning the toothbrush holder that had about an inch of water, toothpaste, and who knows what sitting in it, clean the flower vase that somehow has gotten toothpaste all over it too, scrub hair & toothpaste out of sink and around sink, refill the soap dispenser, scrub the bathtub that is completely covered in caked on purple hair conditioner...this requires getting down on the ground which is not easy for insanely pregnant me, and scrubbing to get as much of it off as possible, sweep the bathroom floor, clean toothpaste off the mirror, do all the same in our bathroom without the tub scrubbing because at this point I'm just too sore to bother, sweep the entry way that I had just vacuumed a few days prior but is now covered with leaves and crap, wash a load of towels, wash the rugs, go to put towels away and find wet towels stuffed in the kids closet, wash all towels in there that are wadded up and damp because I don't know if they're clean or dirty, move sewing machine (in box) back into garage since everyone is tripping over it and kitty is just using it as a scratching post which is ESPECIALLY funny because kitty has no claws, put away the load of hubbie & mine laundry I did, take down my winter clothes and long sleeve maternity tops (most of them) and throw them into the back of the closet so that I don't have to look at them anymore, and pull out some of my pre-pregnancy clothes and hang them up even though I won't be able to fit in them again ever probably. Go to the commissary on base and get milk, eggs, pineapple...lol, muffin cups and body wash since apparently the children aren't old enough to figure out how to use soap and must have body wash, then come home and make muffins so that I feel less guilty sleeping in in the morning and not making the kids breakfast.

No one remembers the two huge plates of muffins that were made the day before and hubbie gives kids cereal.

So today I don't know if I'm just sore from all that crap yesterday or if my hips, back and everything else hurting could be me getting into the home stretch. All I know is that all that cleaning just wasn't worth it. My back hurt so badly last night that I wanted to cry. I settled for a heating pad that I barely felt and a warm bath after that didn't do crap either.

I did get out once this week to go to the beach with everyone. I guess I make a bit of a spectacle because some people pointed and said some comments about pregnant woman or beached whale, I really couldn't tell. It was nice to get out but the shooting hoo hoo pains I get whenever I stand really don't make for a relaxing beach trip. Plus this lovely rash I have, PUPPS or whatever it's called doesn't seem to like the sun and made my arms turn red quickly even with sunscreen, but I didn't get burnt. Now I'm just a little less pale which is kind of nice.

I took my psychology final and got an A so I am done with that class completely. I only have a couple more assignments for both of my other classes that I've been putting off, but they should be easy to get done. Of course I'm putting off my American History paper I have to write until the last minute because I don't want to do it, but it's half done anyhow.

I've got a doc's appt Tuesday though so you'll probably get another update then.

1 comment: