Saturday, January 9, 2010

Oh what a happy pig am I!


I'm 26 weeks along now, which is 5.9 months according to some pregnancy week/month converter thingy. But I'm the one that's pregnant so I'm going to go ahead and say I'm 6 months. Wow! Along with being 26 weeks comes RLS or restless leg syndrome for those that don't know their initials and leg cramps. Just like every other stupid pregnancy symptom out there I started getting this one a day or two ago. Do I really have to get everything? Or am I just a pregnancy hypochondriac?

I've been doing well with my healthyish eating so far. Last night was interesting though. Bill and I dumped Hannah off with the neighbors and went out do dinner at the Macaroni Grill...yum! This was the first time I felt like a big pregnant pig of a woman. I was starving!! I swear I must have eaten half the little loaf of bread they brought us, then a hunk of fried cheese which was not the best fried cheese I have ever eaten and I do consider myself somewhat of a fried cheese expert, and usually we've been ordering one entree and sharing because my appetite hasn't been that great, but I ordered my own fettucini alfredo with chicken and would have eaten the entire thing had it not made me feel like a giant pig! I did however order the lemon pound cake with fresh strawberries that I had been lusting after ever since I saw it in the menu. Damn them and their pretty dessert pictures!! Damn them to you know where! But it was only $1.99 and a small portion of yummy sugar crusted lemon pound cake and considering I never order dessert I felt like...oh who am I kidding I felt like a pig! But I was a darned happy pig!

After dinner Bill and I braved the insanely cold temperatures and walked 20 feet from the restaraunt into the mall. My poor belly felt streched to it's limits. Bill said it was because I ate so darned much, but sadly, as much as I ate, I didn't feel like I had overeaten. I felt like a happy pig with a comfortably full belly, not overstuffed. Which felt great, because I've simply been starving the last few days even though I have been grazing all day the healthy stuff I picked up. Maybe I'm hitting a growth spurt, maybe I'm meant to be 500 pounds by the time I'm done. Last night I just didn't care. And this morning I woke up not starving for the first time in a while and I just feel great. So if gorging myself is wrong, I don't want to be right!

I started online classes this week and I'm pretty excited about that. I can work ahead in all of my classes so I don't see that being much of a problem with me being pregnant and popping this worm out sometime during the semester. If I just get motivated and get ahead I should be mostly done with classes by the time the baby gets here, which would be ideal. We'll see how long my motivation lasts. Yesterday I started to do my American History reading and was watching the neighbors baby. Bill and the baby fell asleep in the recliner and after reading just a couple pages of my history book I was napping away with them. LOL.

What else is new...oh I got some new fatty pregnant woman tops because I was already growing out of the ones I got from Target, I must say I'm pretty dissapointed with Targets clothes. I think a maternity top should last THROUGH your maternity and not stop fitting at 6 months...I'm not THAT big. So I ordered 5 tops from www.kikisfashions.com and got those in the mail yesterday. I love getting stuff in the mail! Three of the tops fit and are really cute, though I will be suprised if one of them (that I am wearing right now) lasts until the end. But it looks cute now and that's all that matters. The other two are going back. One was so insanely tight that I couldn't breath, which is sad because I liked it the best. The other was the opposite, huge like a freaking tent and ugly. So back it goes too. But the other three are cute and will stay and I'm pretty happy.

That's it for now, I think I might haul Hannah off to the mall and let her spend her gift cards she got for christmas and make her buy me something yummy from Starbucks. Later losers!

No comments:

Post a Comment