Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm cabbalicious!

With less than two weeks left until the end of the Pinkest Loser competition for the SGPink show on http://www.sarcasticgamer.com/ and 6.4 pounds to lose I knew it was time to do something drastic. I had to do something severe. I decided to do the Cabbage Soup Diet. Now, I've done this diet before and it does work IF you can stick to it. Sadly enough I've never been able to. I don't like vegetables and it requires you to eat loads of them.

For those that aren't familiar with this form of dietary torture check out one of the many sites out there like this one. But I'll summarize...basically, for seven days you eat a shit load of cabbage soup. Some days you can eat other stuff like fruit or veggies, one day you even get to gorge on bananas and skim milk. Mostly though, you're just eating cabbage soup.

So yesterday (Tuesday) I started the diet. I had already prepared my soup the day before. Keep an eye out for pictures of the process whenever I get them uploaded. The first day you eat all the fruit you can with all the soup you can. I quickly realized how this diet works. After having cabbage soup for breakfast you no longer get hungry. You'd rather NOT eat than have to eat that. Just kidding. The soup actually turned out great. They say to use a large can of diced tomatoes and I got the kind with basil, garlic, and oregano in it. The soup turned out pretty yummy.

Fruit day was easy enough. I love fruit. My daughter and I went out Monday and picked out pineapple, little oranges ( I think they have a proper name), grapes, and a big bowl of mixed fruit that was wonderful. I choked down the soup for breakfast with a bunch of grapes and some black coffee. Tolerable, but barely so. Sometime after breakfast but before lunch I went for a walk and then did a little Wii Yoga. Lunch time was more soup and a plate of oranges, watermellon, strawberries, and grapes...Yum! By dinner time I was starving and craving protien. But I stuck with it and just had my soup.

We record the Pink Show on Tuesdays and I pretty much always have a drink for that. I brainstormed a bit and came up with the idea to make a smoothie and toss a shot of Pisco in it. Supposedly you can have a glass or two of wine on the first day so I figured this wasn't completely cheating. I made the smoothie with lots of the fresh fruit I had on hand, the shot of pisco, some ice, and a little orange juice. I even tossed in a multi-vitamin for good measure. It tasted great. Unfortunately about halfway through it the liquid was gone (having been sipped through a bendy umbrella straw) and I was left with half a glass of pulp. Blech.

Buzz aquired? Nope not a bit.

I did a crappy job on the show though and feel that was my worst ever. I'll just have to step it up next week. Between all my current life drama, cramps (sorry I'm a chick), starvation, and sobriety my mood wasn't the best.

This morning I dreaded eating the soup. I was already tired of it and my weight was the exact same as the day before. But I figured if I quit now then not only did I starve myself for a day for nothing...what the hell am I going to do with all this leftover soup? So I ate it and I didn't die. Check back tomorrow to see how I did with veggie day.

No comments:

Post a Comment