Monday, February 8, 2010

The Countdown Begins - 10 Weeks

There's not much to do when you're pregnant, and even less when you get to the final weeks other than sit around and be miserable. But somewhere starting around the ten week countdown to baby you start to realize that it's all going to happen pretty soon. You're not getting out of it, you're not getting any smaller, and very soon the poor amount of sleep you're getting because you're so freaking UNCOMFORTALBE when you're trying to sleep will seem like heaven compared to having a baby that keeps you up all night. So you should take advantage of this time and relax right?

Wrong. I'm 30 weeks now and I thought I was getting out of this pregnancy without having all the insane pregnancy hormones. Wrong again. They've flamed up like a bra burning fire at a lesbian convention. Why am I sitting at my desk crying at 9am? Who knows? But I'm rather upset that it's smudging my makeup. For the most part I'm still feeling great though. I just am so uncomfortable at bed time, it feels like my belly is pulling me one way, I wake up with aching hips and stuffing a pillow between my legs doesn't seem to make a difference. Oh and somebody still snores...I've tried fighting back by turning the bed into a dutch oven with my farts...but still he snores. I'm glad someone can sleep!

Bill was a good hubbie and got the crib put together last week. He went out this weekend and bought a mattress and some baby detergent and washed the crib sheets and mostly had the bed all set up when I got home from my parents. What a good guy. I tossed up some cute matching wall stickers and we still need to put the dresser together (and by we I mean he...it's hella heavy) and hang the matching wall art that is sooo cute! But it's really neat to have the crib there and realize there will be someone living in it shortly.

Other than that, there's not really much going on. I've been having fun getting baby clothes here and there but haven't gone crazy yet with shopping, at least I don't think so. Everything is so freaking cute though! It's hard to restrain myself sometimes, but I'm still pretty well behaved I think when it comes to spending money...maybe...hee hee.

It is really hard though being newly married and pregnant. Knowing that you're going to gain weight and be out of shape for a while when what you wanted was to look hot for your hubbie for at least a few years :) Hopefully he'll put up with me and my fluffiness for a little while. At least I'm still cute, or so my daughter tells me...lol.

Enough for now, I'll try to update weekly until this little sea otter pops out, if for no other reason than to give myself something to do OTHER than my schoolwork that I should REALLY start getting ahead on.

Fat chick out!

No comments:

Post a Comment