Wednesday, December 2, 2009

F U Sinus Cold!!



I had a great Thanksgiving with the family. Mom & Dad drove up with their dog Gracie who had fun playing with Kitty for a couple of days. There are reasons Kitty is an only pet. We got the Christmas tree up on Saturday with the girls who had fun decorating and then enjoyed some hot apple cider and homemade snickerdoodles compliments of yours truly. Mostly I just wanted snickerdoodles for myself and to get the leftover apple juice out the fridge.

On Tuesday I had my 20 week checkup. Doc found the baby's heartbeat right away this time and said it was in the 140's which is "right where he wants it". He measured my belly this time, measuring well over my belly button. How he can find anything under all my fluff is beyond me...lol.

The nurse said I've only gained 2 pounds since my last visit, which seems a little low to me, especially since i was wearing jeans this time. I think their scale is a little low, but I'm happy!

I was having some slight swelling again, and doc didn't seem very concerned at all. He did warn me that at my 28 week checkup they would do the glucose test and "drain me again". I wish I'd warned him how much I HATE having my blood taken, I faint, so I wish that he would have waited to tell me so I didn't have to stress for 2 months. I tried to tell him I've done all this before and don't think I need all these test. He said "yes but this is the first time you've had THIS pregnancy". Smarty pants. Oh well, I tried to get out of it...

Also I have a killer sinus cold and he gave me some benadryl, sudafed, aceto...tylenol, and some cepacol. Gotta love the military docs, they just load you up and everything is free. The crappy thing about sinus colds though is that no matter how much medicine you take, you still feel horrible.

I dosed up yesterday on the sudafed, I guess it made my head stop hurting, but my nose kept running like crazy and I got a caffiene high off of it. I can only take one every 12 hours, so of course it wears off in the evening and I can't take another one or I'll be up all night. They did give me benadryl to help me sleep so I tried that last night and boy did that NOT work. I still couldn't fall asleep and my nose ran almost all night. Bill tried to come to bed but claimed I was "snoring like a 50 year old man" so he went and slept in another room. How he knows what a 50 year old man's snoring sounds like is beyond me, should I be worried? Besides...I've been dealing with his snoring for a VERY long time and trust me, it ain't no picnic either.

So I still feel like poop, really unhappy sniffly achy freezing cold or burning hot poop...depending on the hour. But I am almost done with classes which is good news. I finished my thesis paper tonight for my english class...good thing since it's due tomorrow. Then I'm done with class for the week and headed to G'ville to hang out with my parents...who are also sick. I'm sure I caught it from them. Haha!

Next doctors visit is THIS Friday for my offical ultrasound! I'll update with how that experience was soon.

1 comment: